Monday, October 28, 2013

Video Assisted Thorasic Surgery - VATS

10/22/2013 - A thoracic surgeon performed a VATS procedure on me.  This was primarily to look around and take some biopsies.

First they had to do another paracentesis on my abdomen. They drew 3 liters of fluid off.  This gave room for them to go into my chest cavity and lungs.

When they went into my chest they drew one liter of fluid off of my left lung.  No wonder it was getting so tough to breath.  The surgical report shows several "implants" those are places where the cancer has settled and is growing, in the respiratory system & digestive system.

A recent CT scan shows signs and systems of cancer in my breasts.  Additional, findings show "other diseases of the pericardium".

I have a conference with my doctor this week and should know my treatment plan and some answers.

This VATS procedure did not seem so horrible the first few days...except for pain when breathing and coughing.  But by Friday, I was exhausted.  I am getting my feet back under me today and feel a bit more normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment