Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Too much information!

9/24/2013 -  Decided that Mayo Clinic would be the best place for me due to reputation and location.  I met with the Gynecologic Oncologist.  He confirmed Stage 111 - C ovarian cancer.  Thank God that I had my sister Carol with me.  She heard the doctor say things that I did not hear.

Of course, I had blood tests for the 3rd time.  I assume that Mayo Clinic did not trust the tests done by my doctor.  CA125 marker = 426...normal is below 21.

A paracentesis was performed to relieve the extreme pressure on my abdomen.  They drew 2 liters of fluid from my very big belly.  This procedure gave me so much relief.  I lost 5 pounds from just this one procedure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl - Cancer doesn't know who it has picked on here. Keeing you prayed up on my end. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

    Kathy Westberry

    ReplyDelete