Thursday, October 3, 2013

Could This Really Be Cancer?

I feel really good today!  How can someone have this much cancer in them and feel this good? 

I remain so positive that I am concerned about myself.  I am not scared.  I don't worry much.  It just all seems like a process that I have to work through.  One day at a time. 

A dear friend reminded me that this is not a race, it is a marathon.  So...I guess I am in this for the long haul. 

I have faith that God is in control of it all and my job is to ride it out with as much grace and dignity as possible.  With everything that I do, I have a strong desire to make a difference in the world.  That is easy in my job with students.  I know that I make an impact on them.  The opportunity will come up for me to help someone because of what I have been through.  I already know that my beautiful daughter and niece are watching me closely.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your presence and high spirits alone are already making a great difference in everyone's world whether they know it or not. Your strong character is something to be both envied and admired. Love ya, girly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl...you are amazing and always full of joy! When the opportunity comes along for you to help someone, you will be wonderful at helping them relax, understand, and survive. Until that time, please let all of your friends be there to help you relax and take care of anything you need! Never be afraid to ask for help....there are many of us who are happy to give it!!! I am here if you need anything!!! Love and hugs!!!! Mary C.

    ReplyDelete