Friday, October 4, 2013

Estate Planning

It seems prudent at this time to work on my estate planning.  I meant to do this years ago, but you know how that goes.  I just told the lawyer that I could say in 5 sentence what it takes the legal professionals to say in 15 pages.  Wow! 

Even though I know I am going to live a long, exciting life...I still have to do this.  And it is expensive to do this.  There is not going to be anything to leave to my daughter when I pay the attorney's fees.  Ooops!  The lawyer reads this blog.  -  Hi! You are doing a wonderful job for me.  But seriously, are there any coupons that I can clip for this?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made a decision to take action as soon as possible. Knock on wood, but we don’t know what the future holds for us, so planning is really important, especially if we want the people we will be leaving behind to avoid the expensive and cumbersome process of probate.

    Trudy Nearn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no telling what the future holds, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Just be sure that there'd be something from the estate that will be left when your daughter inevitably inherits it.
    Annette Fontana @ ForumLaw.com.au

    ReplyDelete