Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Really? Cancer? Me?

9/19/2013 - It all started with a simple hernia repair.  The doctor said that it would be three stitches and about 6 weeks of not lifting anything over 10 pounds.  This was on a Thursday and I had planned to be back to work on Monday.  But my body had other plans.

My abdomen started to swell and swell.   

9/23/2013 - So the doctor ordered a sonogram and then a CT scan.  The radiologist came out and told me that there is something on my right ovary and the doctor wants to see me immediately.  I will save you the details of the conversations that I shared with the doctors at this point.

My only thoughts were of my beautiful daughter Kristin.  "How is she going to live without a mother?" Even typing this makes me cry at the thoughts that run through my head.

1 comment: