Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Juicing May Be the Cure!

My angel...My mother has decided that she is going to help me beat this cancer through juicing.  So she bought me a cold-press juicer and is reading books & going to seminars on juicing.  When I got home last night she was getting everything ready for my next glass of juice.  She gets the veggies washed and ready for me to juice on my own the next morning for breakfast.  It does not get better than this...my own juicing chef.

After three days of juicing the swelling in my abdomen has gone down and the pain in my spleen has gone away.  I am in my forth day of juicing and I think it is making a difference.  Amazing!

The biggest challenge is getting our hands on enough decent vegetables to juice.  Forget trying to get everything organic.  That is impossible.  So we just wash the heck out of everything with vinegar. 

May I say that there are some vegetables that make a horrible drink.  It may be the combination of what mom puts in the juicer.  She just crams everything in there with no thought of what combination could taste better.  I prefer to choose the fruit and vegetable strategically and find a combination that makes the experience a pleasure. 

Maybe juicing will become a permanent part of my diet after this cancer has gone away.

3 comments:

  1. Beet juice, greens and all. You can taste the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg liked to add ginger to his. Also cancer LOVES sugar and when you juice you are not getting a lot of it. Good luck with the juice diet, Greg did it for a month or so and lost some weight too ! I love you sister ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juicing is wonderful. I like to mix strawberry's, blueberries, carrots, oranges and ice with coconut water-- it tastes great. The farmers market on Saturday's at the ampitheater is good for veggies as is Whole Foods-- I also get frozen fruit if you can't find the fresh. Praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete