Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chemo 1st

Because of the extensive cancer in my body, the doctor recommends starting with Chemotherapy.

I spoke to his head nurse a few minutes ago, so I do not know the frequency or any of the details yet.  There are so many different options that I can not even guess what is going to happen.

The good news is that she said that their patients do not get really sick right away after chemo.  She stated that their patients get a lot of steroids and anti-nausea medicine. 

Another thing she pointed out is that they will not let me take a lot of vitamins and other miscellaneous minerals that we all take because we think they prevent cancer.  She said that it is actually bad for cancer patients.

I should speak to the doctor tonight or tomorrow night and get everything started.

No comments:

Post a Comment