Thursday, October 29, 2015

What's The Good Word?

I am sorry that I have not blogged since my return to Germany.  I have been catching up on the 3 weeks of my life that I missed, but mostly recovering from the long trip.

Other than being tired, I don't feel much different.  Pain is still increasing.  I personally feel like the cancer is not growing since the treatment.  The doctors in Germany told me that I probably would not be able to tell if it is working for a few months.  I got the big Hyperthermia treatment on October 1st. There was what I thought to be an unbilical hernia coming out of my belly button.  But the doctors in Germany said that it was a tumor.  It is a lot smaller...that's encouragaing.  I also have a knot on the left side of my neck, about the size of a small grape, that has not changed in size.  So I kind of judge the growth of the cancer by those two things.

There is a lot going on inside of my belly.  That is where all of the pain is.  Monday afternoon, I could no longer take the pressure and pain and had 2.2 liters of fluid drained off of my abdomen.  That felt so much better.

Monday night I could not get the pain under control and I did not want to over medicate with Morphine, etc...  So my daughter took me to the ER.  I did not want to do this because I knew they would want to admit me...and they did.  They ran a few tests and scans and could not find the sorce of the pain other than cancer.  So they increased my morphine and a few other things and sent me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment