Thursday, October 29, 2015

Paliative Care!

So, remember when I called a meeting with Hospice?  It kind of sobered all of us up.  It got real for me at that point.  Hospice does provide paliative care, but not quiet to the level of this doctor.  I wish I would have found her a year ago.  She spent an hour interviewing me and sorting out all of the medicine, symptoms and side-effects that I have been dealing with.  She prescribe some new medicines to help with my tummy.  I had gotten to the point that I could not eat much more than a few tablespoons of food at a time and everytime I took my pills they wanted to come back up.

Now, she come to see me once a week to determine what is working, or not, and will make some adjustments to my prescriptions.

Oncologists treat the cancer and they try to treat the pain and other side-effects, but they really only care about the cancer.  The pulmonologist only treats my lungs and makes sure I am getting the oxygen that I need.  This doctor looks at the entire body and suggests solutions for everything that is going on.

I look forward to more comfortable days ahead.  God is so Good!

3 comments:

  1. God IS good. Thank HIM that you were able to get that fluid drained! And yeah ��!!about the paliative care. Sounds exactly like what you need☝She's heaven sent��.All good things are�� Ty for the update ��������ILY:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found her! And I'm happy you are posting again, we missed you.
    Do you have a crowd fund page? I know people who would like to know.
    Love you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete