Sunday, October 4, 2015

Happy Birthday To Us!

The word got around that it was my Birthday on Friday.  Everyone in my office knows how that happened, because every year I tell absolutely everyone I see that it is my birthday.  I also usually wear a tiara.  I did not have my tiara with me, but I made sure that everyone knew that it was my day.  Of course, the clinic gave me a beautiful little bouquet of pink flowers.  I also had a precious friend send me a huge bouquet of flowers.  Although, there was no celebration, cake or presents it was still very special to be at a place like this getting a chance at a remission that the U.S. could not give me.

The sad part is that I have never been so far away from my twin sister on our birthday.  But we know that because of this trip and many others after this, I will have a great birthday next year with her.  We are getting very home sick for each other.  We stay intouch every day, but getting to hug each other is really what we need.  I think I am going to hug her for 30 solid minutes when I get home.

I am pretty sure that I survived a lonely birthday because my daughter is with me.  If she can't cheer you up then no one can.  She is amazing.  She found a shop and bought me a card that says something in German that we do not understand.  It probably says Happy Anniversary, but who cares.  It is special anyway.  She also bought me a bag of my favorite candy...Haribo Gold Gummy Bears.  They are very different flavors,  but still so good.  I will definately bring some home.

I wish you all were here with me.

Our God is an awesome God!

1 comment: