Tuesday, October 6, 2015

New Campers!

Some of the precious people that I met last week had been here for a while and have gone home.  They all took a part in showing me the ropes and telling me their cancer stories.  I have found that most of us have deep christian roots...except for the patients from the Middle East whom all seem to be Muslem.

This week we are meeting new families getting the tour and settling in for their two to three week stay.  I am trying to pass on the helpful hints that were passed to me on my first few days.  There are things like: the secret to making the washer and dryer work right; how to get ice cream brought out of the kitchen; never to ask the cafeteria for anything after closing time; or how to get a ride into Nidda for free.

All of this goes on between our rigorous days of treatments.  Each new person/family has a story of someone they know from home that have had successful experiences here.

We all remain hopeful and continue to encourage each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cheryl. Thanks for the update�� How r u feeling? Try to get plenty of rest! Hoping your pain level is under control �� What are some of your treatments now? ILY & PRAYING ��

    ReplyDelete