Monday, October 12, 2015

Gifts Go With You!

My passion for leadership is with me in Germany.  After two weeks of getting to know the other inmates, I decided that we were in need of a prayer meeting.  I invited my new friends to the chapel.  So I went into the chapel early to see what bibles they have.  They had a few copies of the Quran, many books on different religions and one New Age Bible on the New Testament that was not exactly correct (in my opinion).  So there would not be any bible verses to look up...the internet was down.  That's o.k. I will pull from memory.

Our meeting was hugely successful, I had 4 other people attend.  I started with a silent pray/confession of sins.  We then went around the circle and prayed out loud.  And finally we went around the circle and talked about a blessing or miracle that we each had experienced or discovered in our battle with cancer.  It was fun to hear people from other countries and the way they pray and worship God.  (we were all christians)

Everyone left my little prayer session asking if we could do this every day.  Every one agreed that they felt more positive, blessed and supported when they left the room.


3 comments:

  1. God is using you in a mighty way :) Cheryl Mighty and Amazing for His Glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop smiling about this post. God blesses you and others through you! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete