Thursday, October 8, 2015

Holy Cow! The Holy Spirit!

I am trying so hard to listen to God for guidance.  I know that as a Christian I should strive to live the 10 commandments, confess my sins, walk as Christ walked, keep short accounts with God, be in God's Word (the bible) every day, forgive others who have hurt me, etc...  I am so excited when God reveals something new to me.

I had been praying and asking God to let me know where my mistakes are in this current battle.  About 30 minutes later an acquantance here walked up and handed me the book "Healed of Cancer" by Dodie Osteen.  This book is full of prayers and scriptures that she used and continues to use to realize her miraculous cure.  She was given two weeks to live.  She is still here over 30 years later with no medical treatment.  Although, she does not suggest denying treatment if it is available, she does give a lot of insight into her spiritual life.

The thing that struck me is that I thought that God's WILL for me would be to let me live or to take me home with him.  But, NO!  His WILL is for me to live a long abundant life on this earth.  How to do that is what is being revealed to me, now, by the Holy Spirit.

The second thing that struck me is that while it is o.k. for me to depend on other people's prayers and faith...it is really all about my relationship with Christ that is healing me.  There is no question that God hears and answers all of your prayers for me, but he wants me to come to the reality that I should be leaning on him and not you and your prayers.  (We still must pray for each other)

As you read this you may tell yourself, "well yes, Cheryl, where has your head been?"  Well, I thought my relationship with God was where it needed to be.  It is really like peeling away the layers of an onion.  When you master one part another layer is revealed for you to master.  There is never an end to the complexity and richness of God's love for us.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you got the book. I should have gotten it for you a long time ago. I love her testimony of healing. Your on your way to NED��

    ReplyDelete