Thursday, October 15, 2015

Art Therapy!

Part of my therapy here in Germany is Art Therapy.  I love art!  This was always my favorite class in school.  Over the years, I have painted a few paintings.  I am my own biggest critic and I do not hang my art on the walls.  I have actually donated some of it to a thrift store.

So, here in this cancer clinic we have pre-planned crafts or we can dig arount in the art room and find supplies to do our own thing.  I always participate in the planned craft and then scurry off to find something to paint.  It feels so good to dip a paint brush into colors and blend them. When a paint brush will not do, I have my fingers all in it.

The idea is to help us get our minds off of treatment for a while and to use a different part of our brain.  Some people find their creativity and go off in life to create beautiful work.  My goal is to open that part of my brain, again, and see what I can do.  Good or bad it will be fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment