Saturday, March 1, 2014

The People We Meet Along the Way!

We?  You may wonder who this other person or people are that are with me.  My precious Sister, Daughter or Mother accompany me to every single appointment.  I have not had to travel alone throughout any of this.

There is a service called the Houston Ground Angels.  They are a group of volunteers that pick up cancer patients at the airport and take them to their hotel.  They also take us back to the airport when we get ready to leave.

There is one precious Angle named Ruth Ann that has touched my heart.  She has picked us up more than once.  The last time we were in Houston was for my surgery she picked us up.  She then asked if we wanted to a tour.  We spent hours together.  We went to lunch & then to Trader Joes (you gotta go to one of these stores).  I also found out that she is a quite a character.  We had such a blast with her.  Come to find out that her daughter passed away almost a year ago with the exact same thing that I have been fighting.  I am not sure if I helped replace her daughter for the day.

I have also gotten to know another Angel named Claudia.  Since she felt comfortable with us after several trips, she decided to bring her Jack Russel Terrier on the last trip that she drove for us.  Tuffy was his name and he was a busy little thing.  Cancer has also touched her family.

Every Angel that has picked us up has had some kind of story about cancer in their life.  They have seen how horrible this disease can be and want to help in anyway that they can.  They sure are a blessing in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment