Friday, March 28, 2014

What Happens When WBC is LOW

When my white blood cell (WBC) is too low, chemo has to be postponed.  They really do not want to keep tearing my body down when it is already down.  There is a shot that I can get every day until my WBC improves.  The doctor would prefer that my body do the work on its own.

Your blood cell are manufactured in your bone marrow.  Any shot that they give me comes with a price, extreme bone pain.  I am willing to endure the pain if that is what I have to do, but waiting on my body to do its job has worked before.

The most frustrating part is that when an appointment changes, I have to change air tickets, hotel reservations and my ground transportation.  I have done this so much that I expect it and spend about an hour getting everything changed.  My caregiver has to also change her plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment