Sunday, March 30, 2014

Caregivers

When you go through a major health issue you really need a caregiver to drive you to appointments.  I am always so strong that I feel like I could travel on my own.  But some medical centers will not let you leave unless you have someone with you.

My mother has traveled with me the majority of the time.  What a blessing she has been.  She is so positive and prays constantly.  We have sat in the hotel room many times and have taken turns praying.  If that does not lift you up, nothing will.

A mother's love can not be compared to any other love.  I am so blessed to have that in my life.

My father passed away just a few months before I found out that I had cancer.  My mother was my father's caregiver.  The last 10 years of his life were horrible with Parkinson's disease and dementia and my mother cared for him with dignity & grace.  Of course, I wish my father were here, but only if he could be healthy.  If my father were still here then my mother would not have the time to devote to me.

Pray for my mother as she continues to find the strength to be my best friend and caregiver.


No comments:

Post a Comment