Friday, March 21, 2014

Hair & Nails

Have you ever heard that you can tell a lot about a person by their hair?  Scientists can analyze a strand of hair and can determine if there are any chemical changes in a person's body.  They can also estimate when the change took place.

See this slideshow on WebMD.  http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/ss/slideshow-nails-and-health

My toe nails got a very deep ridge in them.  I could trace it back to the time that my husband passed away.  Now, my toe nails have multiple slight ridges that I can place at the point in time that I got each chemo treatment.

I wonder if my hair or nails had signs that I had cancer along and I just did not notice.   The slideshow that I have linked indicates many diseases that could be predicted based on the condition of you nails.

Just another thing that makes me wonder.




1 comment: