Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Welcome Back!

My colleagues at work keep saying this to me, "Welcome Back".  I tell them, "but I have been at work other than when I am sick the week after chemo.  It dawned on me today that they mean "welcome back from the edge of death".

What an amazing thing to think about.  I guess it has not sunk in that I am a cancer survivor.  And this was not just any cancer...it was a very vicious, highly aggressive cancer. 

I hope that I have set an example of how to face diversity with Grace.  My daughter has been my inspiration.  She needs a strong example of how to carry ones self through tragedy.

My sister keeps reminding me that I have fought this battle completely alone.  I told her that I have everyone at the university, at church, my family & friends...I am not alone.  She said, "no, I mean, alone...no spouse or significant other to help take care of me".  I refer her back to my earlier post about needing to know that I am strong enough to do this.  God is sufficient!  






3 comments:

  1. Bravo, Cheryl. I think it would help many people to learn what you already know. We are never alone if we accept that God is by our side. I have a hard time believing it, but you remind me to reach out with prayer. There are very few couples that leave this earth together. One or the other will lose the support of a significant other through death or illness. God, friends and family are so important. Love our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Cheryl and am over the top thrilled with your amazing strength! This one really says it all!! God is sufficient...and he is good! You, through him, are most amazing and inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete