Sunday, February 23, 2014

"We Have Such a Good Time!"

I caught myself describing my sojourn with cancer in this way.  Who does that?...ME!

Certainly, I have hurt, I have been sick and I have been tested.  However, as a whole, I am enjoying the biggest part of it, the people that God puts in my path. 

How much fun can you have in the chemo bed for 6 hours watching a chemical slowly drip into your veins when you know that in three days you are going to be sicker than you have ever been in your entire life.  Well, I can have a lot of fun.  The nurses tend to want to stay in my room and hang out.  I end up telling some of my crazy stories and we are laughing with tears in our eyes.

One evening when the doctor decided to release me from the hospital the nurse stood in the hall with her bottom lip out as my sister and I left.  She had hopes that I would spend the night during her shift.  What a living doll this gal was.  We carried on so much in my room, I thought they were going to kick me out.

There was a time that I was checking into the chemo center and a little old man stood up, grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen bald, besides my wife".  You know that little man made my day.  Although I do not have any insecurities about my bald head, he did not know that.

So much fun, is yet to be had.  I can't wait!











1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish everyone had your gratitude attitude !!! Your are such an insipration. Am proud of you for all you have done and others have fought harder by your example. Continued prayers for you daily. I love you too much !!!

    ReplyDelete