Wednesday, April 1, 2015

God's Grace!

Please, if you have helped me in any little way, do not let this post minimize the Grace that you have exhibited.  But I have to share this.  I will not share names, because these people would never tell anyone what they have done for me.  Bare with me as I set this up.

If you know me, you know that my passion is my yard and my flower beds.  For years folks have tried to advise me to give it up.  My husband passed and is not around to help, so I mow the yard every weekend in the warm months of Florida. (that is a lot, especially since I walk behind the mower).    My flower beds are an even bigger passion.  I once had a neighbor come over to take a picture as she claimed that my flower bed should be in the Southern Living magazine.  It has been my way of dealing with grief, stress and my time to sing & talk to God.  I looked forward to any sunny weekend that would allow me to get in the yard.  I would put on my swim suit when I got up in the morning and not take it off until I came inside at night.  I even did some of this work when I fought cancer the first time.

Now, I am too ill to walk to the mail box some days.  I look at my yard and my flower beds and pray that I can feel well enough to bend over and pull a weed someday.  I have had to hire a man to mow my yard, he does a great job, but surely does not get the pleasure out of it that I do.

This past weekend my two favorite men in the world got together and cleaned my flower beds, trimmed hedges, trimmed palm trees, and so much more.  I felt horrible that I could not be out there with them, but so grateful that they knew that this would do my heart some good.  They are both very hard working men with families and lives that are busy and stressful.

Then today I was lying on the couch trying to catch my breath after walking to the mailbox without my oxygen on.  I was sucking that oxygen in and trying to slow my rate of respiration down.  After some time I looked up and saw a reflection that got my attention.  I got up and saw a friend (also a busy executive) was just finishing putting the spring flowers that I had so desperately prayed to be able to do.  In some ways I have been embarrassed that my home looked so much less cheerful as in the past.  She also brought pots of flowers to dress up the front door entrance.

These people could have handed me $1000 and I would not have appreciated it as much as this.  They  knew that this would make me feel better.  Someone else brought me something special that I have secretly wanted for a long time.  (God must have put this on their heart because they could not have known that I wanted this),

As I sit here and praise God for these precious people (all of you that are praying and exhibiting God's Grace), I weep thinking of God's ultimate Grace gift to all of us.  His sons death on the cross.

As we celebrate Easter this weekend, please, remember what this holiday is about, the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  What can we do to help ourselves walk more like Christ did on this earth?  I am certainly inspired by these Godly people.

It Is Well With My Soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment