Sunday, April 12, 2015

Next Steps!

I have another chemo session this week.  I pray that the blood tests show that the chemo is still working.  I am not sure how it can be working as my struggles are increasing.  The day after chemo I will get that terrible Neulasta shot in the belly.  This shot is a growth factor to help my bones create more blood cells.  I need more white blood cells.  This shot is so terrible because it makes my bones ache like you would not believe.

A few weeks after this chemo I will go through extensive testing to determine if I should continue chemo, change chemo and/or go into surgery for "debulking".  I am a bit anxious about this testing, because it makes me so sick.

I will hold my head up and pray.  God will give me what I need to get through this.  I will prop myself up in the wheelchair, I will strap my oxygen in and I will travel and enjoy every second with my daughter who is taking me to all of these appointments.  She really brings a lot of silly to these situations.  We are usually seen laughing as she pushes me through the airport on our way to my next treatments.  I am surprised that we have not been locked up by the TSA.

She is so much fun and helps me forget how sick I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment