Friday, April 24, 2015

Two Days of Normal!

I am not sure why, but on Monday afternoon I started to feel normal.  I had no pain in my stomach or chest, I could breathe and my brain felt somewhat clear.  By Tuesday, although still with little energy, I pulled myself up by my boot straps and drove to the beach.  I walked for two glorious hours on the beach.  I have not walked that far in total in 3 months.  I cried over 1/2 of the time, because I was so grateful for that day.  I praised God, sang hymns and spoke to strangers.  No one knew I had cancer.  I was healthy and normal for that day.

For two days this week, I did not take pain pills, I caught up on some paperwork and walked around the yard to enjoy the new flowers in the beds.  I felt so well that I called work and told them that I would be coming back for a limited number of hours.  I even went to church Wednesday night for the first time in 3 months.  It felt so amazing.

Alas, my freedom from pain was short lived.  I am back on the pain pills and missing my normal life.


2 comments:

  1. I've shared your emotions this week! I have been praising God and so thankful to be here feeling good and enjoying each day! Next week we are going to see Dr Conners in Minnesota, I think Gary sent you information about him. We will share what we learn with you when we return. I pray for you everyday. Claim Ps 118:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to talk to you last week. What a blessing that you were able to enjoy those moments! We take too many for granted....I know that. I am working toward finding my joy MORE. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete