Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Florida Legislature Controls My Well Being!

I believe that my pain level has doubled over night.  Wow! Wow! Wow!

I don't even know what to say about that.

Let me tell you what the legislature has done in an effort to control pill mills and to keep these drugs out of the wrong hands.  They have limited the amount of medication I can get.  I am only allowed to fill my pain meds RX at CVS pharmacy.  If I have not used a pharmacy in a while the pharmacist refuses to fill it.  So I go to my CVS (the one closest to me) and they don't have hydrocodon in stock.  They said that they would get it in the next day.  So I wait and go back and they still don't have it.  I keep going back and three weeks later they still don't have it.

Since I am obviously too weak to run all over town, I ask if they will call another location for me.  They said that the pharmacist will not tell them over the phone if they have it in stock.  So I said, "do you mean to tell me that if your pharmacist calls another location the pharmacist there will lie about whether they have it in stock."  They said, "YES"!  So after visiting 3 CVS pharmacies the 4th one filled the RX.

It gets better...I go through the exact same routine this week to get another RX filled for the same thing.  When I got to the 4th pharmacy they had the drug, but did not want to fill it.  I got more pitiful by the minute and they finally filled it, but informed me that I have reached my maximum for pain killers for the next 30 days.

So, now, it is the pharmacist that dictates what drugs I can buy.  My doctors can prescribe all day long and I can't get the drugs I need if the government does not want me to have them.

Where in the heck do we live?  America is not what our founding fathers intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment