Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rough Day, But Feeling Positive

I started my day with an urgent visit to the pulmanologist's office due to extreme pain in my left thorax.  X-rays from yesterday showed significant increase in the fluid build-up.  The doctor said that the fluid should not cause this kind of pain.  He said that a blood clot could be the culprit.  After CT scans, ultrasounds and a thoracentesis, the pain is incredibly worse.  There is no real explanation for the pain other than an increase in the growth of the cancer.

I was treated by some amazing people.  I really appreciate that these people love their jobs and treat sick people with so much respect.  I was a big baby through part of it, but I have never hurt like this.  No one bushed me off.  They were genuinely concerned.

Please pray for these professionals that have thankless jobs.  They deal with our bad moods, our body fluids and our inquiring families.  What amazing angels.

They have inspired me.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, God Bless those who treat the cancer patients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the hospital twice last week. I lost my best friend of 43 years and my husband's brother passed away. In both cases, I can say that the medical teams were so compassionate and helpful not only to my friend and my brother in law, but also to the family and friends. The cardiac care nurse had tears rolling down her face as she was telling the family what transpired before we arrived at the hospital. My friend's mother is 83 years old. They paid special attention to her and to the children and grandchildren she was leaving behind. I am so grateful to all of them for what they did for all of us and what they do every day.

    ReplyDelete