Sunday, April 12, 2015

Setting My Sights On Heaven!

I feel an even stronger desire to share with you the inner thoughts of a terminally ill person.  This blog started out showing you how strong I am and how to keep your head straight in the face of diversity.  Now, this blog has morphed into a documentation of how powerless we really are as humans.  God has an ultimate plan and nothing we do can change that plan.  I try to set an example, as I believe we all should strive.

I still look forward to sharing my story with many people.  I pray that I can stand up and make a difference in the lives of as many people as I can reach.  I am just not sure that I am going to reach that goal.

As the pain continues to increase and my quality of life decreases I find myself getting closer to God. From a spiritual standpoint I am very excited to make that ultimate trip (you know I love to travel to new places).  What I am not prepared for is leaving my daughter.  I find myself crushed over the thought of her watching her mother die.  I am blessed to have a mother that is still very involved in my life.  It hurts me to think that she may not have that joy.  I pray that the example that I have set and the difference that I make is in her.

Some of you may think that I need counceling.  Maybe I do, but I guarantee that my thoughts and feelings are very common in someone in my situation.


5 comments:

  1. Bless you dear Cheryl. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you dear Cheryl. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and I are praying daily for you and your family, and your dear Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for you. When we are sick, in pain, grieving, happy, lonely, scared - we turn to our Creator. He is with you. And He is in you as you spill out your love for others in the midst of your own trials. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete