Monday, April 20, 2015

Our Furry Friends!

I can not talk about my dance with cancer without mentioning my little furry buddy, Spud.  He is a cat that we rescued about 14 years ago.  I had never lived with an animal in the house with me until this cat.  I grew up on a farm where animals lived outside and people lived inside.

I know you have heard about studies that prove people live longer when they have a pet by their side. Well, I believe it.  This little guy never paid too much attention to me.  I was his door man/woman and the person that fed him.  Now, he rarely leaves my side.  In fact, he wants to cuddle.   This has been an independent cat until now.  He would sit and stare at me like he wanted to kill me.

I can't imagine my life without him.  During the hundreds of hours of alone time, he is here.

God puts these amazing creatures in our lives for our pleasure and we certainly do enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment