Monday, April 20, 2015

Oh! The Coffee Enemas...

...and all of the other remedies that I am bombarded with.  I usually consider the source first and then start looking for some documentable evidence.  I have drank this tea and swallowed that herbal pill.

Then recently an acquaintance that is in much the same space I am in with cancer suggested the coffee enema.  She has a strong medical background and her husband has a strong business background...not quite the hippy type.  They reached out to me and started asking how I was cleansing my liver.   Well...uuummm!  The coffee enema was highly recommended.  Not just by these people but by well  respected cancer centers around the globe.

I decided that with all of the chemo and other drugs that have been filtering thorough my liver for the past year, I should give it a shot.

You gotta start with the right equipment and a lot of towels.  I have a cousin that once said that giving yourself an enema is like trying to hem yourself up in the corner of a round room.  I figured this out pretty quickly and went and found my adventurous daughter that is willing to do anything for a laugh.

This was a hilarious project.  The comments, "how do you like your coffee" and "do you want cream & sugar with that"  just kept the insanity going.  We did use 100% Columbian beans.  Juan Valdez would be proud.

I will spare you any more details, but this is a daily ritual that really does make one feel a bit better.  We need a healthy liver to fight cancer.




3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is a joy, obviously! I'm glad I got to meet her the other day as she was walking 'you' around to talk to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful! I have read that these coffee enemas can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_enema

    ReplyDelete