Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Heart of a Daughter!

I have not spent a lot of time here chatting about my daughter.  She is the brightest spot in my life.  She is my reason for fighting.  I really could not do this without her.  She cares for me much of the time, when not in college classes and working.  She mirrors my attitude and don't you dare treat her like she does not understand how serious this disease is.  She knows...she just chooses to smile about it.

We find ways to talk openly and honestly about the possibilities of our future.  Although, I am not sure how really healthy it is to speak of my trip to heaven, my daughter says that it helps her to plan.

I learned a long time ago that dwelling on the worst case scenario can cause undue stress.  You don't know that you are not going to experience the best case scencario.  So why waste all of that effort and happiness on worrying about what might happen.  And we talk about this too.

All I can do is try to set a strong example for my beautiful daughter.

But for now, knowing that we are planning...helps!

By the way, I am not going anywhere.  All of you should plan for the inevitable, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment