Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Brief Hospital Stay!

I just finished a brief hospital visit.

By Sunday afternoon my lips were blue from the lack of oxygen.  My lungs have been filling with fluid due to the fact that I can not breathe deeply.  My diaphram hurts from the cancer and I subconciously avoid deep breaths.  It also does not help when I am lying down all of the time.

So, a trip to the ER.  The ER would not drain the fluid because I am a cancer patient.  Thus, they admitted me into the hospital.

On Monday, they drained 1300 cc of fluid from my right lung and 1000 cc from my left lung on Tuesday...1000 cc = 1 liter.  The pulmonologist went through my back between ribs into my lungs.  I was wide awake during the procedures.  I could feel the tube crunching through cartiledge and then into my lungs.  It was a very interesting experience.

I likely will have to get it drained again in a week, as I feel the rattling in my chest when I breathe.

The docs say that I am a champion, because I try to make every situation fun.  If you could have heard the conversations during the procedures you would laugh too.  It helps to have a doctor that enjoys a sense of humor.



1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine those conversations with those who are caring for you. You are a blessing to so many people in the midst of your life threatening situations. Rest when you can. Your light is so bright! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete