Friday, September 11, 2015

Where To Go? What To Do?

My daughter has been spending a few very desperate days sorting out different kinds of treatments and why Europe's treatments are so much better than in U.S.  She really is my hero.  I am mentally and emotionally overwhelmed & exhausted and, thus, not much help.  Clinics in Germany seem to be my best option.  I am on my knees asking God for guidance.

God speaks to us in many ways.  We just have to learn to be still and listen.  I am a type-A personality and it is a struggle for me to listen.  This cancer has been a lesson in slowing down.

As we discuss different options it appears that mental health and life without fear or grief is very important.  If we are to trust in God then we have to drop these kinds of issues from our life.  I find it fascinating that even cancer clinics in Europe understand this, but likely for healing and not for a deeper relationship with our Lord & Savior.

I am a bit anxious to travel that far as I simply don't feel well.  One day at the office puts me in bed most of the next day.  A quick flight to Houston to MD Anderson wears me out.  I rest easier because my Angel will be by my side.

Please pray for my daughter's strength as she watches me go through this.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, praying for you and your daughter, I have walked in your daughters shoes at her age and now as a mother I can only imagine what you are feeling. I pray for peace for both of you. It sounds like your precious angel has taken very good care or you. You are truly blessed by such a sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and Kristen! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete