Thursday, September 24, 2015

T - Minus 1.5 Days!

Since the best doctors in the U.S. don't have much for me in the way of cancer treatment, I asked them if they know of any alternatives.  The oncologist told me that they are taught in medical school to operate in a very specific box and they do not venture outside of that box.  So...I was on my own...or so I thought.

When we got home that night I was still in shock, but my daughter got on the internet and started researching articles on alternative treatments.  She bought a book about the best alternative cancer treatments in the world.  That book narrowed her search to Germany and many treatments that different folks have brought to our attention over the years.  She decided on three of the top hospitals and started emailing the doctors.  The doctors responded to her and she made the decision based on how they treated her, their efficiency and if what they told her made since based on her research.

At the same time I was praying for guidance.  I got amazing guidance when I contacted a friend that took her mother to Germany for nearly the same cancer that I have.  She stated that if she ever got cancer she would go directly to Germany.  They told her that the chemo we use in the U.S. is old stuff that they used 10 years ago.  The most amazing part is that the hospital that thy went to is exactly the same one that my daughter had decided on.

So here we go.  My daughter jumps on-line buys plane tickets and makes all of the arrangements.  I was dealing with increased pain and other problems that comes along with hundreds cancer implants within my abdomen and really could not make a lot of decisions.

When did my little girl become a strong beautiful woman?  When did she become so serious about reading and research that is not part of Facebook?  I can not be more proud of this daughter of mine.

I must say that taking a Study Abroad at UNF has changed her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment