Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Value of a Friendship

I have spent most of my life wrapped up in my family and extended family.  I went back to college in my 30's to finish my bachelor's degree and then decided to get a master's degree.  I then spent my 40's building my career.  All the while my family and especially my daughter have been my friends.  I have never fostered too many long term friendships, because I just did not have time.

I regret that I did not find a way to fit many of you into my life.  As I struggle these last two years you have reached out.  It does not matter if we have been close or not.  You all understand that life happens and gets in the way...we just pick up where we left off.

Thank God for Facebook.  I have been able to catch up with so many people that I had lost touch with for over 30 years.  There are still many folks that I would like to find.  I want to know if they have children of their own, if they have a job that they love and if they have found the love of their lives.

The most amazing part of the last few years are the new friends that I have made.  In most cases we share the burden of cancer and we lean on each other for encouragement.  I especially cherish the friends that are close to God.  We seem to understand each other's need to walk in faith as we face our daily challenges.

In any case, I gain strength from what each of you provide in prayer, in a quick message of support or even in a "like" to one of my posts on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment