Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Trip Here!

We made it all the way to Germany.  The trip to Miami was uneventful except for my Daughter's constant warnings to the  golfers that she was sitting with that she may vomit.  What a relief that she had no problems.  We quickly shuffled to our next gate to board the plane for the 9 to 10 hour trip to Frankfurt.  This long trip was a different story for my daughter and her little weak stomach.  Does it sound terrible that I was glad that we were not sitting together?

The only glitch was with the driver that picked us up at the airport.  He was about two hours late for a 6:15 am arrival and I was struggling to make it by this point.  After several phone calls to the "klinik" and a second driver was dispatched we were on our way.  I must say that a woman that works for the klinik must have really chewed him out or at least the sound of German being yelled at this man sounded like he was getting a tongue lashing.

The folks at the klinik made comments about the amount of luggage we brought with us.  We only packed about  7 days worth of clothes for a 3 week trip.  I thought we had done pretty good on the packing.  We must be higher maintenance than German women.

Once we were settled in our hospital room we met with a doctor and the treatments began.  I had an i.v. line place and bottles of L-carnitin, vitamin C and vitamin Bs infused.  I was then released to explore the grounds and nearby springs.

I am exhausted.


2 comments:

  1. Praying for the both of you in Duetsche Land. Your Prayer Warrior at work. ps Tell her I am keeping the Campus Safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a hard trip. Poor Kristin. That's a longg..flight. Praying for all 3 of you "high maint Am girls"! As always, I hope your getting your REST ����

    ReplyDelete