Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Best Part!

The best part of having my chemo infusions at Moffitt in Tampa is that I get to stay the night with my twin sister's daughter and her precious husband.  We drive down the night before and have a great time figuring out what we are going to do for dinner.  You have to remember that because my niece is my twin sister's daughter, she may be closer to me than just a niece.  I love her like a daughter.  I can't tell you how many times, when she was growing up, that she thought I was her mother.

This precious niece has been one of my biggest cheerleaders during this amazing journey.  She does research for me and makes connections.  She talks about me to her clients, who have started many prayer chains for her "Aunt Cheryl".  She has also put me intouch with her clients that have cancer too.  I have made a great friendship with one of her clients that battled cancer.

This young woman is also my daughter's closest cousin and best-friend.  She is there when when my daughter needs to talk.  The two of them are always dreaming up ways to keep me happy and positive.  If laughter is the best medicine then I will be cured soon, just laughing at them.

I am looking forward to my next sleep over!    

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly written, Cheryl. What a beautiful tribute with your ever positive attitude! You are an inspiration and a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete