Thursday, January 15, 2015

So...What did they say?

I had a visit to an immunologist/gynecology oncologist this week.  He is in the same group as my oncologist at MD Anderson.

Immunology is fairly advanced for melanoma cancers.  Actually, MD Anderson was on the national news last week for their giant leap forward with immunology fighting melanoma cancer.  The doctor stated that they are not anywhere near that for female cancers.

There are some possible options for trials.  First they have order molecular/DNA/genetic type tests on my tumors that they removed in January.  They are looking for a mutation in my cells that allows cancer to grow in me.

Additionally, I am having HLA DNA tests run here and having the results send to MD Anderson.  I hope that I have enough blood for all of these tests.

So I go back in a few weeks to find out where I stand and how fast I can start a trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment