Thursday, January 22, 2015

Oooooops!

So I kind of mis-spoke.  The trial I am currently in is more of a study than a trial.  To me that means that it may do more for cancer research than it does for my cancer.  I am excited that I have gotten some benefit out of it.  CT scans in a few weeks will tell us if the lymph nodes have decreased in size.  I sure hope so.  I need some good news, today. 

I have volunteered to be in two other studys at MD Anderson over the past year.  I have volunteered to be in another study coming up.  Usually, I have to fill out a lot of forms and give them my blood.  I don't ever here from the scientists again.  I am all about helping these amazing people help find a cure.  

I will be honest.  I am so impressed with these researchers.  They have their PhD or MD and their brilliant minds go to work on things that some of us just don't understand.  These amazing people at UF could clone me.  BRILLIANCE!  But God kinda already has done that (I have a twin sister).

When I talk to them, I really have to pay attention.  They are using words that I have never heard in my life.  Yesterday, UF researcher tried to explain to me how my cancer evolves.  So the cancer that is in me now is probably the same cancer that we treated the first time, but it likely has evolved into a stronger form and more resistant to different treatments. 

I guess I have SMART cancer.  Teeheehee!

p.s.  If the researchers read this they are going to laugh.  This is not how they would have described this.  But I have to put it into my own little examples just to understand what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment