Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Managing My Own Care!

The other day a friend was grilling me on what treatment I am on and what the next steps are.  He had one final very important question for me..."But aren't you concerned that you are managing your own care?"  Heck, no!  I am thrilled.  "But don't you want a doctor to manage your care?"  Heck, no!

I am going to hop up on my soap box for a second or two:
And here is the problem with some of our society.  Don't sit back and let things happen to you.  Get out there and educate yourself.  Why do we want the government telling us what to do with every area of our life.  That is just lazy.  The Government is too big and already makes to many mistakes. 

I am not going to let my case fall through the cracks of a doctor's office.  I am going to do my own research and ask my own questions.  I have other friends helping me research.  This way I have a list of options.  I feel more in control and empowered.  I don't want to feel helpless with no hope.

Haven't you heard stories of people that the doctors have sent home to die...and then for whatever reason they go try some off the wall treatment that works.  I don't want to be backed into that corner.  I want to try every thing until I find the treatment that works for me.  I have to be an informed and active consumer especially when it comes to my life. Now, is not the time to get lazy.  Now, is the time to get up and fight.  Every time this cancer comes back, I am going to fight it down again. 

The longer I fight and survive the closer we are to a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment