Saturday, January 24, 2015

I Almost Forgot To Tell You!

Another thing happened a few weeks ago.  One of the beautiful women that work with me has been talking about me to her precious 6 year old daughter.  Her name is Brooke.

Well! Little Miss Brooke showed up in my office with a teddy bear.  It was her Bravery Bear that had been given to her by the hospital for being brave during a recent procedure.  She proudly presented me with her Bravery Bear so that I could be brave through everything that I have to face.

I sat there with tears in my eyes.  We spoke honestly, but vaguely about what I had been through and what I might have to go through.  I then gave her a prize from the toy drawer in my office and she happily went along on her merry way.

When she left my office I cried so hard.  That little soul touched my life in such an amazing way.  I thank God for Brooke and the joy that she brought to me that day.  You must understand that Brooke brought me that bear on the 4-year anniversary of my husbands death.  She did not know that I was facing another Christmas alone and was planning projects to keep me busy and not let my idle mind get all weird about it.

I saw God's Grace in that little face that day.   Thank you, God!


2 comments:

  1. Cheryl- There are no coincidences- God wanted you to have that bear on that day. Brooke was an angel to bring it to you.
    God Bless you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vivienne! That was not a coincidence! Love you always!

    ReplyDelete