Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hazard of Being Strong


Did you know that there is a draw back to being a strong person.  yep!

People forget how sick I really am.  I try hard to hide it.  But I hurt every day and I hurt more in the afternoon than the morning.  My boss is very intuitive and can take one look at me to know I feel terrible.  He tries to send me home but my passion for my job and my team keeps me at work. 

I also am very conscious of the fact that it seems to be "all about me".  It is hard to ignore the bald woman in the room.  I am so open and honest about everything that I am o.k. with talking about it.  I just hope that I don't wear people out on my cancer. 

My job puts me out in public making presentations.  Since the cancer treatment has started I have been unable to stand for an hour and speak with passion.  As I gain my strength and think about going back to public speaking, I wonder what message my bald head sends.  I certainly hope that it sends a message of strength & stability and not one of weakness & pity.

I hope you enjoy my insight into life with cancer.




1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely correct, there is a downside to being strong. No body knows the pain and heartache you carry inside you. That's OK though, better to be strong. Good karma and strong, heartfelt prayers are following you throughout your journey, Love is with you.

    ReplyDelete