Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Amazing!

My oncologist kept saying that this morning.  He told me to stay happy and keep that great attitude.  I told him that I am considering myself cured of stage IV cancer.  The doctors will not tell me that I am cured.  They just say that I am NED (no evidence of disease)

I have my last chemo today.  I will get an injection of growth factor directly after the chemo.  This will encourage my bone marrow to produce more blood cells.  This is done because all of my blood counts are still a little low and this chemo will bring them down further.

The growth factor is said to cause great pain in the big bones of the body.  I think that I am prepared with pain medicine.  I hope that the flight home in extreme pain works out tomorrow.

So, now, I work through the side effects of these last drugs and I get on with life.



5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how sweet these words are to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a special person. I said from the beginning that if ANYONE could beat this, it was you.
    You continue to amaze me and are my absolute hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Cheryl. Such an inspiration to so many people, including me. You are so strong and so positive. I always strive to be such a good person, just as you are, and acquire the people skills and attitude you have. Miss seeing your face everyday. We all love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I even have looking your article and that helped me to put in writing my article about chronic upper back pain you want to have a test on my article.

    ReplyDelete