Friday, April 18, 2014

Blood Results Are In!

Dadgumit!  My white blood count is 1.7 and it needs to be at least 3.0.  My Neuraphyl level is 298 it needs to be at least 1500.

"Neutrophils are a type of white blood cell that protects your body from infections. Without enough neutrophils, your body can’t fight against bacteria. "

Doctors are telling me to be extremely careful.  I am not allowed to be in any crowds and I am supposed to wash my hands frequently.

The chemo will most likely be postponed for two weeks this time.  One of my doctors told me that one week was not enough to get my blood back to where I need it for chemo.  

I was really frustrated when I got the news, but I have picked myself up and dusted myself off.  I am just looking for the positives here.

I have already talked to my boss about working reduced hours next week.  The only thing that helps in this case is rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment