Thursday, April 17, 2014

Waiting on Blood Results

I am waiting to find out if my White Blood Cell count is good enough for my last chemo.  

I am anxious for the last chemo.  I try not to think about the needle going into my arm and the sick feeling I will get while all 8 bags of chemicals are being dripped into me. I try not to think about the week in bed afterwards. 

I pray that this is the last time I ever have to do this.  The reality is that this cancer is very dangerous and returns in less than 5 years for 82% of patients.  It returns in places worse than I have already had it.  It shows up in the liver and the bones.  Typically, it does not go to the brain, but it has for some women. 

Since the doctors keep telling me how unique I am...I expect that I will never see this cancer again.

I will hold my head up, no matter what happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment