Saturday, November 28, 2015

Oh! How That Bucket List changes!

Make a list, now, of the things that you would want to do before you die.  Do not consider money or any other barriers in your life.  Go ahead, just start writing.  Go back to that list every year and assess it then start all over with a new list each year.  Over the years you will be surprised at the things that you can check off of that list as having completed in some way.  At some point, you will start to see real growth in who you are and your outlook on what is important in life.

I started doing this years ago.  I have missed a few years here and there, but I still go back to that list at some point.  My bucket list is at a very interesting cross-road, as you can imagine.  The most important observation is how close to God I have become and how God is a much bigger part of this bucket list every year.

May I share some of this list with you?
  1. Write a book (it does not have to be a novel, but a legacy of some sort)
  2. Travel more (oh! how I would love to go on a mission trip and see the look on people's faces when they understand what God's Grace means)
  3. Cook more (Ya'll come on over after church for a bite to eat and a card game - socialize more with my brothers & sisters in Christ)
You can steal my ideas for your bucket list.  Many of the items on the list are outrageous stuff that one would never think could happen in my life time, but I don't worry about that.  I just move forward with my hopes and dreams.

Keep dreaming and praying...and for goodness sakes, WRITE!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you made it back to Germany. I hope your ears were not burning to bad cause we were talking about you again :) I have been praying for you, your blessed daughter and your Twin. I think of you and pray for you every day and night. I want you to know I miss my workout and climbing buddy. Mom and Dad send their prayers and love and they sent you a card. You are so very amazing cause God made you that way and in your life and in all things you glorify Him. He does love you so very much. Talk to you soon Cheryl.

    Tod

    ReplyDelete