Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Challenging Week!

I have been through the ringer this past week or so.  Holy Cow!  I don't know where to begin.  I have had my abdomen drained three times, vomited a fair a amount of blood, suffered a significant tumor burdened blockage that took me completely off of anything by mouth for days.

It is pitiful when the ER and the rest of the hospital knows me by name.  Yes!  this has included a few hospital stays and tons of tests.  I have had so much fun with these dedicated caregivers....WOW! WOW! WOW!  Pray for them.

I get a port placed today.  It is a bit shocking that I have been fighting cancer for two years and everything has been done through my little bitty veins.  This port is a direct line into a major artery that is placed under a muscle in my chest.  No more needle sticks!!! yeah!  But to be honest, the needle really does not bother me at all, it is just that my veins are done helping me out here.

My daughter, twin sister and I have spent some teary late nights at the hospital trying to say everything to each other that we think needs to be said.  What a blessing this is.  Many people don't get that chance and then spend years wishing they would have had that last conversation.

What I haven't explained yet is that the doctors have given me 2 - 6 months to live.  But certainly less than a year.

I am not believing a word of it.  I have many more treatments in Germany to go and God still has some really big plans for me.  Although, I am excited beyond words to go see my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....I simply have got some work to do that only I can do.

Keep praying like crazy in any way that the Holy Spirit leads you!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you........Prayers for continued strength and healing!
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a gift. Thank you for sharing the amazing way you do. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete