Monday, June 22, 2015

Random Act Of Kindnest!

I have not had a pedicure in almost a year, because when your white blood cell count is low it is not good to expose yourself to bacteria.  When you get a good pedicure they cut off dead skin and have been known to draw blood.  Not good when your body cannot fight infection.

My last blood draw showed that my white blood cell count was in the normal range...so I thought that I would treat myself.   It felt so good and special to have my feet all soft and pretty.

While I was sitting there a young woman asked me when my baby was due.  My tummy is quite distended, right now.  I had to break it to her that I was not expecting a baby, but that I had stage 4 cancer.  However, I took the opportunity to talk about this very dangerous and hidden cancer.

This gal's life has been touched by cancer in so many ways that she was interested and had a lot of questions for me.   I told her that I was blessed with this cancer to make a difference in this world.  If my story saves one life, then it was worth it.

When I went to leave the spa and pay for my special treatment, there was a gift card with a large amount of money on it at the front desk for me.  This young lady left it for me and had wished me luck.

I was floored...I cried for a while.  I have no way of knowing who she was nor do I have a way to thank her.  In this case, all I can do is pass it on.

There trully are nice people in this world and, today, I met one of them.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! To see God's presence in all the circumstances of our lives is simply Awesome

    ReplyDelete