Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Lump In My Throat & Tears In My Eyes!

Yesterday, my daughter asked me if I would write her letters for her to open on special days of her life.  She wants my thoughts and well wishes for her to open the day that she gets married.  She wants to hear my words of wisdom for the day that she has her first child.

I had thought about doing this, but to hear her ask for it just put me to my knees.  I know that she loves me and values my opinions, but to hear this just made my heart grow.

She said that if I am still alive on these special days, then we would just read the letters together.  How special that would be...my thoughts written at a time that I thought that I would not be here on earth.

I think that I will start some video files for her.  I think that she would much rather see me tell her my thoughts.  I have added it to my to-do list and will get started on it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment