Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why More Chemo?

If the doctors can not find the cancer then why are they going to continue with chemo?

The typical protocol is to follow surgery with chemo to get any cells that they may have missed.  Just because they did not see anything does not mean that it is not there, somewhere.

Additionally, this cancer is a highly aggressive and recurring cancer.  Remember in an earlier blog when I said that only 18% of patients live 5 years with this type of cancer.  Well, they want to give me the very best chance of being in that 18%. 

This is the #1 cancer center in the world...I am going to do what they tell me.


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear your amazing news. I know your upbeat, positive attitude is part of the reason for your fighting off the cancer. Yes, it is a God thing and I, for one, am still praying for you and sending loving energy your way.

    ReplyDelete