Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Well, I Got My Sponge Bath!

I am warning you...this may be gross.

Evidently, I was in recovery for more than a few hours.  I simply do not remember.  But I do remember the evening in my hospital room.

Sooooo, you know how you have the dry-est mouth when you wake up from surgery.  They give you ice chips to suck on so that you do not take too much into your stomach.  They even provide plenty of medication to keep the nausea down.

The nurse helped me to the restroom one time and showed me how to unhook everything so that I could do it myself.  She then tells me that I did not pee enough.  What the heck...I thought that meant I needed to drink those ice chips as they melt so that I could get more fluids through me.

At this point, you would have to imagine vomit of biblical proportions.  I am not sure how it all happened so fast, but I ended up standing naked in the middle of the hospital room with vomit dripping off of the top of my head.  I was shivering and hanging onto my I.V. pole.  The poor nurse was also covered in it.

I apologized to the poor sweet nurse about 20 times.  I probably should not have been laughing about it, but it was so funny.







1 comment:

  1. Oh Cheryl, laugh all you want. It is good for you. I love you and have you in my thoughts and prayers each and every day. One step at the time, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete