Friday, February 21, 2014

The "C" Word!

The bald head gets a lot of attention.  What should be a 1 hour shopping trip turned into 4 hours, because so many people stop to ask about what I am, clearly, going through.

If you know me, then you know that I am extremely shy...just kidding.  I will talk to a rock.  But seriously, I am thrilled to share my story.  I have met so many people that want to talk to me about their battle with cancer.  They want to tell me that they are proud that I don't cover my head.  They want someone to tell them that they are going to be o.k. too.  They want to show me their support.  There seems to be a bond between cancer patients. 

I try so hard to lift them up.  The "C" word scares the heck out of a lot of people.

I keep playing the very wise words of my husband over and over in my head.  There was a time in my life that I was upset about something or the other.  He asked me, "where is all this faith that you say you have?"  Wow!  I do talk about my faith in God.  I have faith that he is there for me.  I pray to him about my troubles, among other things.  Then why am I crying about it?  Where is my faith?

After he said that to me, I have always remembered how I felt when he made me realize that I talked the talk, but I was not walking the walk.










No comments:

Post a Comment